Agape Youth Ministry's philosophy about its Agape Youth School Program for At-Risk Teens is:
- We believe that by AYR's staff modeling the Christian life, the teens will be shown the contrast between Christian living and secular life;
- We believe that enrollment in AYR's School Program should be small enough that close, meaningful relationships can develop between the troubled teen and the staff;
- We believe that God has provided His animals, such as horses and dogs, to help with the healing of the emotional issues of troubled teens;
- We believe that teens need structure, goals, accomplishments and a spirit of service to others built into their lives; and
- We believe that AYR's School Program should be affordable, reaching out to all hurting teens, including those who may not be able to afford the cost of a residential faith-based transformational program.